A great renaissance artist knew they had to live life to gain inspiration for their best work. But the fast-paced hustle of life can easily throw off your work life balance without you even noticing. Work-life balance keeps the separation between your work and your play by prioritizing their roles in your life.
Today’s advanced technology like smart phones, tablets, and laptops can bring work home, on the road, and even on vacation. Even if your career doesn’t require you to work during off hours, this capability of working on-the-go can lead to the temptation of working during off hours. This can take precious time from your rest, health, and family.
It’s important for your mental development and relationships to respect the boundaries between work and the life you’re working for. But recognizing if your work-life balance is off can be tricky. Since work-life balance depends on an individual, there is no one-fits-all method to determine what is the right balance for you.
Symptoms of Your Work-Life Balance Being Off
While work-life balance depends on the individual person, you can sense a work-life imbalance when problems start to occur in your personal relationships or your physical/mental health. Here are some common symptoms that your work and life could be out of balance:
- Increase in family arguments about hours working
- Bringing work home, on vacation, or social events outside of work
- Hot temper with family members
- Canceling family plans or social plans for work
- Increased caffeine or alcohol use
- Poor sleep and work-related dreams
- Upset stomach/digestive issues
- Stress headaches
Renewing The Work Life Balance
Once I take a look at your symptoms, together we will devise a plan to get your work and life back in order. You’ll learn to be more at ease with:
- Asking for help
- Strategic scheduling for social and personal time
- Acknowledging your partner’s feelings about goals and boundaries
- Setting limits and boundaries with others
- Review/Reseting life and career goals
Due to concerns of COVID 19. We will continue to help clients with both video conferencing sessions and in person sessions. Click below to schedule your session!